Tuesday 10 March 2015

Avalanche Bark Bars


I recently moved into a new place with a big, spacious kitchen. Let me tell you, I have been taking FULL advantage of the space. For a long time, I was only really baking/cooking on the weekends because the my Kingston kitchen was the only functional kitchen I had. Now, I've been cooking up a ton of new things to share with all of you. But for now, let me share a recipe that I made a while ago.


These Avalanche Bark Bars is almost like a mix between fudge and rocky road bars. It's a quick and easy sweet to make, but it won't last long if your house is anything like mine! Hope you enjoy this tasty dessert :)


Avalanche Bark
Prep Time: 15 mins         Chill Time: 15 mins        Yields: 16 bars

Ingredients:
12oz white chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:
1) Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Place the miniature chocolate chips on a plate and place them in the freezer until ready to use.
2) Add white chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until mixture is completely melted and smooth.
3) Stir in Rice Krispies and let sit until mixture reaches room temperature, about 10 minutes.
4) Once at room temperature, gently stir in mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Refrigerate until set, around 15 minutes.
5) Remove from pan and cut into squares. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.

(Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker)

No comments:

Post a Comment