Thursday 6 March 2014

Deep Dish Brownies


 I've decided to go on a bit of a health kick in an attempt to be a healthier person. Sadly, this is the kind of thing I'm going to have to be giving up...and it makes me sooooo upset!

I made these a while ago, but looking at them now gets my stomach grumbling. I could totally go for a deep dish brownie right now and it's only 10am!


The thing I love about these brownies is that they are so incredibly easy to make. No fuss, no elaborate ingredients or difficult instructions, just put everything in a bowl, mix it up and pour it in the pan!

Hope you enjoy them, I will live vicariously through all of you!


Deep Dish Brownies
Bake Time: 40-45 mins                Yields 16 brownies

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well.
3) In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. With mixer on a low speed, slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Continue to beat until well blended.
4) Spread batter into a prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
5) Cool completely, cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.

(Recipe adapted from Hershey's Fabulous Desserts)

No comments:

Post a Comment