Thursday 13 March 2014

Honey Chicken with Cashews


This is the week from hell in terms of school work, so naturally I'm blogging instead. Unfortunately, because it's been so busy, I have not been able to do all the St. Patrick's Day baking that I had intended to :(

I'm calling on an old recipe I made last spring that I am only just now getting around to posting. It's a pretty healthy and super delicious recipe that I'm now realizing I should definitely make again very soon. That's one of the problems of a food blogger; I have so many recipes I want to try that I often forget to go back and make things that I love again!


Anyway, I hope this deliciously wonderful dish will fulfill your craving, just as writing about it has fulfilled my procrastination quota for the evening.


Honey Chicken with Cashews
Prep Time:15 minutes        Cook Time: 10 minutes        Yields 4 servings        (WW: 8pts per serving)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsps soy sauce
2 Tbsps cornstarch
1 1/2 Tbsps honey
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/8 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
2 cups whole wheat spaghetti, cooked

Directions:
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and honey.
2) Sprinkle chicken with salt. Spray a large frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium high heat.
3) Add chicken and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
4) Add bell peppers to pan and stir-fry until crisp and tender, about 3 minutes. Return chicken to pan, along with cashews and stir-fry until heated through, about 1 minute.
5) Re-whisk your broth mixture and add it to the frying pan. Stir-fry until sauce begins to bubble and thicken, about 1-2 minutes. Serve over hot spaghetti.

(Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment