Thursday 27 June 2013

Chocolate Kiss Cookies


The day is finally here! Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I hop on a plane and fly back to the motherland, aka NOVA SCOTIA!! I can't wait to be heading back to the east coast and get my summer vacation started once and for all. It has been a terrific year, full of good times, good people, and new experiences, but I am very ready for a break and the chance to catch up with friends and family back home.



Since I'm leaving behind a good majority of my cookbooks, I thought I'd share one last recipe from one of the books that is getting left behind in Kingston for the summer. These cookies were deliciously scrumptious and the kiss on top made them extra special. Hope you enjoy them!

The next time I post, I will be posting from the Halifax! WEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :)



Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Bake Time: 8mins/batch      Yields 40 cookies

Ingredients:
1 package sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 egg
2 Tbsps water
3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 bag hershey's kisses candies, unwrapped

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, cocoa, egg, and water and beat until thoroughly combined.
3) Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll the balls in chopped nuts to coat. Place dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4) Bake for 8 minutes. As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press a chocolate kiss onto the top of each cookie, allowing the cookie to crack slightly.
5) Cool on pan for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack and cool completely.

(Recipe adapted from Hershey's Fabulous Desserts)

No comments:

Post a Comment