Friday 24 May 2013

Loaded Baked Potato Dip


The day has finally arrived and I couldn't be more excited! Tonight, I embark on my adventure to Cuba! My friends and I have been planning and discussing everything for the weeks leading up to today and we've been bouncing off the walls all day.

It's been difficult to focus on much of anything else, which made class this morning a bit tricky to pay attention to! I am so looking forward to a week of lounging on the beach, soaking up the sunshine and throwing my cares to the wind. Let's hope the Cuban "stormy season" doesn't put a damper on this vacation.



Before I disappear from blogging for a week, I thought I'd leave you with one final recipe. I actually made this dip back in December for our New Year's Eve party. It was a major hit, and got eaten up pretty quickly.

It is basically all the fixings of a baked potato put into a super tasty and savory dip. What more can you ask for? This recipe is a keeper for sure. Hope you all enjoy, and I'll be back in a week! Have a great week :)


Loaded Baked Potato Dip
Prep Time: 10mins       Yields ~4 cups of dip

Ingredients:
16 oz sour cream
16 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (more as needed)
1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced

Directions:
1) Add all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until completely combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
2) Garnish with extra shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onions. Serve with chips, crackers, or pretzels. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.

(Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker)

No comments:

Post a Comment