Monday 28 May 2012

"Almost No-Bake" Peanut Butter Cheesecake


I was the worst blogger/baker/cook last week. I don't know what happened!

I was away over the long weekend and didn't get much baking done, which is when I usually do a lot in the kitchen. Then I had my graduation in the middle of the week, which threw me off my baking game as well. Needless to say, I'm quite ashamed of my measly ONE post last week.

That is not up to The Baking Bluenoser standards!

I did put this weekend to good use and got quite a few recipes made for this week. I figured we could start on a sweet note! (Notice I'm back to the peanut butter....I couldn't' stay away for long!)



I started to make this cheesecake really late at night, which is NEVER a good idea when making cheesecakes, but sometimes I just cannot help it. Lucky for me, this is one of the easiest cheesecakes I have ever made, and besides the crumb crust, it's a no-bake recipe, meaning I wasn't up until all hours of the night trying to finish this!

It is a super creamy cheesecake, and will satisfy your sweet-tooth, as well as please all you peanut butter lovers out there.

I am excited for the chance to redeem myself after last week's poor performance, and I hope you all love what I have in store!


Last Month: Pepper-Corn Crackers
                      Long Island Iced Tea

"Almost No-Bake" Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Bake Time: 5mins         Chill Time: Overnight       Yields 8-10 servings
Ingredients:
THE CRUST
1 1/4 cups oreo crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

THE FILLING
2 cups peanut butter chips
1 package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
3 egg yolks
1 cup chilled whipping cream
3/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped

Directions:
THE CRUST
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Combine the oreo crumbs and melted butter until completely mixed. Pour into a 9-inch springform pan and press into the bottom.
3) Bake crust for 5 minutes.
4) Remove crust from oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips into the bottom of the pan. When the chips are melted, spread them evenly over the top of the crust. Chill the crust for 5-10 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.

THE FILLING
1) Melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave or in a double broiler over hot water. Stir constantly to blend, and then let cool slightly.
2) In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, melted peanut butter chips, brown sugar and egg yolks until smooth.
3) In a small bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff. Fold whipped cream and 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts into the cream cheese mixture until completely combined.
4) Pour filling onto the crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining chopped peanuts on top. Cover and chill overnight, or until firm.


(Recipe adapted from Hershey's Fabulous Desserts)

No comments:

Post a Comment