Wednesday 2 April 2014

Chicken Tetrazinni


I feel like one word to describe my life for the past few weeks is "hectic". I have been on the go non-stop for such a long time and it is only now just finally winding down.

When things are so busy like this, one thing that tends to fall by the wayside is the quality of my meals. I've been relying heavily on the Boyfriend to cook for me the last little bit and I can't tell you how much I've appreciated it. But now that I have more time, I'm looking forward to cooking and baking a whole lot more!



I find that, when I'm busy, I gravitate towards casserole recipes. They make so much food and you can have leftovers for days which means you can spend less time cooking and more time trying to attend to everything you need to.

A couple years ago, the Boyfriend and I came across this stack of abandoned cookbooks, and among them was a casserole cookbook. Let me tell you, this book has been my saving grace on a number of occasions!

Naturally, when I'm busy, this is my first stop for recipes. So today, I'm sharing one such recipe, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


Chicken Tetrazinni
Bake Time: 25-30mins       Yields: 6 servings

Ingredients:
8 oz egg noodles, cooked
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, diced
1/4 cup butter
2 cups chicken broth
3 Tbsps cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
Dash pepper
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups cubed chicken, cooked
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute the mushrooms and onion in the butter until tender. Stir in the broth.
2) In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, pepper, and cream until smooth. Add to mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously for 2 minutes until thickened.
3) Reduce heat, and stir in the mozzarella until melted. Add chicken and noodles to sauce and stir to combine.
4) Transfer to a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese overtop. Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve immediately.

(Recipe adapted from Taste of Home Casseroles)

No comments:

Post a Comment