Monday 9 December 2013

Cake Vodka Martini


I am in my last week of clinical placement and I am counting down the days until I get to return home to the East Coast for Christmas! I will be back in Nova Scotia in exactly one week and I couldn't be happier! It feels like the past two months have flown by, but I feel that this final week may go by very slowly because I have so much to look forward to. I just can't wait!!

This past weekend, a couple girls and I went up to Toronto to visit the big Toronto Christmas Market and do some Christmas shopping. Let me tell you, nothing gets you in the Christmas spirit quite like shopping and drinking mulled wine. I just want to listen to Christmas music all day and immerse myself in all things christmasy.

The girls and I also went to this amazing restaurant called O.Noir. At the restaurant, you eat your meal in complete darkness, to simulate blindness. As well, all the waitstaff are legally blind. It was such an interesting experience, and to top it all off, the food was incredible! If you are ever looking to spice things up for dinner in Toronto, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Okay, onto the recipe. I actually made these cocktails LAST Christmas (I know, I'm terribly behind in my recipes...). They are delicious, and can be made for any occasion, I just happened to garnish them with Christmas sprinkles. Since it is almost time to celebrate the end of the school year, I thought now would be the perfect time to post a cocktail recipe! Enjoy!


Cake Vodka Martini
Prep Time: 3mins          Yields: 1 martini

Ingredients:
2 fl oz cake-flavoured vodka (I used the Three Olives brand)
1 fl oz amaretto
2 fl oz chocolate liqueur
1 fl oz heavy cream
vanilla icing (for rim garnish)
sprinkles (for rim garnish)

Directions:
1) Spread icing on a plate and dip the rim of your glass into the icing. Then dip the rim into a bowl of sprinkles to coat the rim.
2) Add all ingredients into a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and pour into prepared glass. Serve immediately.

(Recipe adapted from Sugarcrafter)

No comments:

Post a Comment