Saturday 19 October 2013

Kissed Caramel Apple Martinis


After a hell week of non-stop exams and assignments, my crazy semester is finally done! I wrote my last exam yesterday and I could not be more thrilled about it! Now I'm in the middle of a whirlwind weekend of packing and preparing to pick up and move my life to Peterborough and start my new clinical placement on Monday morning.


Though I feel like I barely have time to take a breath, I'm trying to make a little time to enjoy the accomplishment of making it through such a killer semester. And what better way to do that then enjoying a little fancy cocktail?

My mother made these martinis for my aunt's birthday the weekend after I left for Kingston this summer, so I didn't get to try them out, but all I heard about was how delicious and fantastic they were! I couldn't get them out of my head, so I decided I would finally make them for myself.

Let me tell you, they did not disappoint! They are not at all difficult to make and they actually taste like a caramel apple! I was pretty amazed :) I highly recommend these tasty drinks, especially if you have something special to celebrate (or even if you don't ;)  )


Kissed Caramel Apple Martinis
Prep time: 5 mins          Yields: 1 martini

Ingredients
2 fl oz Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka
1 1/2 fl oz apple juice
1/4 fl oz lemon juice
1/4 fl oz simple syrup
Apple slices (to garnish)

Directions:
1) Put a few ice cubes into a martini shaker.
2) Combine all ingredients in the martini shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
3) Strain drink into a martini glass. Garnish with slices of apple. Serve immediately.

(Recipe adapted from Cosmopolitan)

No comments:

Post a Comment