Monday 2 December 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cakes


Hello everyone! I'm finally back from my mini hiatus!

I'm not sure why, but I've been in a bit of a blogging slump lately. Every time I actually have time to sit down an write a new post, I decide to do something else instead because I just haven't had the motivation to write anything or share any recipes. I also haven't had much opportunity to try new recipes, as my kitchen equipment is somewhat limited in Peterborough.


Speaking of Peterborough, I only have two more week left here, then I'm headed back to the East Coast for Christmas! I cannot wait :)


I've been trying to cut back on the sweets while I'm away from home but it can be really challenging when one of your favorite pastimes is baking! These mini lava cakes are perfect, because the recipe only makes two so you don't have to feel tempted by sweets sitting around in the cupboards for days and days.

Plus, you can never go wrong with that delicious chocolate and peanut butter combo, am I right??


Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cakes
Bake Time: 10-15 mins      Yields: 2 lava cakes

Ingredients:
Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 large egg
4 tsps sugar
1 Tbsp peanut butter
Pinch of salt
1 tsp flour
Icing sugar, to garnish
Raspberries, to garnish

Directions:
1) Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 375 F. Grease two cups in a muffin tin and dust with cocoa powder, set aside.
2) Place butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 45 second increments, stirring in between each time period, until melted and smooth.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, sugar and peanut butter until completely combined. Whisk in chocolate mixture until combined. Lastly, add salt and flour and mix until combined and smooth.
4) Pour the batter equally into the two prepared muffin cups. Place muffin tray on the baking sheet an bake for 10-15 minutes, until the top looks dry but the cake still jiggles. Remove from oven and let cakes cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
5) Carefully run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen. Carefully invert the cakes onto a plate. Dust each cake with icing sugar and garnish with raspberries. Serve immediately.

(Recipe adapted from A Bitchin' Kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment