Monday 8 July 2013

Thai Chicken Bites


This weekend was a scorcher in Halifax! I felt like I was melting pretty much the entire time. I spent most of Saturday out on the boat which was beautiful, and on Sunday I ran in the Mud Hero marathon with the Boyfriend, my sister, and a few other friends. It was so much fun but it was super challenging since it was 33 C with very little shade. I was actually happy to be in the mud because at least it helped to cool me down!



I made these Thai chicken bites a little bit ago. I'm always a little hesitant with battering and frying food because I find that it's hit or miss with batter recipes. Luckily for me, these turned out super delicious! Especially smothered in some sweet chili sauce, these are sure to be a hit!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! Have a great Monday :)


Thai Chicken Bites
Prep Time: 20 mins           Yields 2 servings

Ingredients:
1 large chicken breast, boneless & skinless
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper, to taste
1 egg
2 Tbsps milk
canola oil, for frying
sweet chili sauce, for coating
carrots, thinly sliced (for garnish)

Directions:
1) Pour 1-2 inches of oil into a medium frying pan. Preheat oil over medium-high heat.
2) Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, set aside.
3) In shallow dish, combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a separate shallow dish, mix the egg and milk together.
4) Coat the chicken first in the dry mixture, then the egg mixture, then back in the dry mixture making sure to thoroughly coat the chicken at each step.
5) Place the chicken in the oil and fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. You may want to fry the chicken in small portion so as not to over-crowd the pan. Remove the chicken and place onto a paper towel. Sprinkle the chicken with salt.
6) In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the sweet chili sauce to thoroughly coat. Garnish with sliced carrots and serve on a bed of rice.

(Recipe adapted from Lauren's Latest)

No comments:

Post a Comment