Tuesday 27 March 2012

Easy Rocky Road Bars


Life sometimes gets really hectic and busy, and that is what it's like for me right now. I am gearing up to my final exams of my last semester, about to finish my first degree, and it seems like all the work is due at the same time. Things are busy for me but, like always, I still make time for baking (i.e. I procrastinate doing real work with making delicious goodies!)


The good thing about these squares is that they take about 10 minutes to throw together and 20 minutes to chill in the fridge, then they are ready to go. If you are ever in a jam and need a quick dessert, these are a good option.

These squares are chocolate-y delicious! In fact, I was informed by one person that they thought they were TOO chocolate-y. To that, I say IMPOSSIBLE! There is no such thing as TOO chocolate-y. It simply does not exist.

As a chocolate enthusiast, I fully endorse these bars, and I hope that you all will love them too! Have a great Tuesday!


Last Month: Cheese, Beef, and Noodle Casserole
                    Garlicky Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread

Easy Rocky Road Bars
Prep Time: 10mins   Chill Time: 20mins     Yields 16 bars     (WW: 6pts per bar)

Ingredients:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsps shortening
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
1) Butter or grease an 8-inch baking dish. Set aside.
2) In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, butter, and shortening on high for 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval. Continue until mixture is completely melted and smooth.
3) Let mixture cool slightly, then stir in mini marshmallows and chopped nuts. Spread mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Cover and chill until mixture is set and firm.
4) Cut into squares and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.


(Recipe adapted from Hershey's Fabulous Desserts)

No comments:

Post a Comment