Monday 12 January 2015

Peanut Butter Popcorn Brownies


Oh, hey.

Remember me? I know it's been a while so I completely understand if your brain needs a refresher. I'm just a girl that likes to bake and post some recipes on here every now and again!


I feel like I need to somewhat explain my absence. I have had A LOT going on in my life in the past year or so that has kept my hands more than full. I adopted a dog, graduated from a Masters Degree, passed my National Occupational Therapy certifying exam, got a real life grown-up job, moved cities, and got ENGAGED (Yes, that means that The Boyfriend is now The Fiancé)! Needless to say I haven't had a whole lot of spare time for extra-curricular activities.

As well, I sort of was feeling in a slump with my blog. I didn't feel super inspired or motivated to make fancy foods, and I didn't feel like my pictures were really capturing how good the food really was. I felt like my baking and cooking was always being driven by what would look good on the blog and it wasn't fun anymore. So my blog and I went on a little break.

But now I've got a brand-spanking-new camera, and a little bit more motivation in the tank! I still won't be posting as much as the good ol' days (I do still have a lot of things on the go) but I want to keep posting a few things here and there, if not only for a place for me to store all my favorite recipes ;)


Of course, to kick off this re-boot, I've got a peanut butter & chocolate recipe for you (go figures...).

I'm currently working through a few older recipes that I had taken pictures for before I fell off the face of the interweb so I actually made these about a year ago but they were super delicious (obviously, or I wouldn't be sharing them here..duh!)

Kind of a weird mish-mash of things but oddly, it works! Take a look, and enjoy :)


Peanut Butter Popcorn Brownies
Prep Time: 45-60 minutes                     Yields: 30 squares

Ingredients:
1 box of brownie mix (for 9x13inch pan) (**You will also need the ingredients required to prepare your box of brownie mix, usually eggs, oil, and water**)
3 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1 pckg peanut butter chips
4 cups plain popcorn, popped
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1) Prepare brownies according to package directions. During the last 2 minutes, sprinkle your marshmallows overtop of the brownies. Cook for the remaining 2 minute, until marshmallows begin to puff up. Remove from oven.

2) In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter, corn syrup, and peanut butter chips until just melted. Pour mixture over top of popcorn and stir to completely coat popcorn. Spread popcorn mixture overtop of marshmallows.

3) In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Pour into a ziploc bag, cut a small tip off the corner of the bag, and drizzle chocolate evenly over top of squares. Let the squares cool completely, then cut and store in an airtight container.

(Recipe adapted from Picky Palate

1 comment: