Monday 21 January 2013

Turkey Noodle Soup


I don't know what the weather has been like for you, but it has gotten down right FRIGID here! The kind of weather that makes you feel like your flesh might freeze solid. It makes a VERy unpleasant walk to work, let me tell you.



I find that nothing warms me up quite like a nice hot bowl of soup. And, to be honest, I've been on a little bit of a soup craze lately. There are so many great soup recipes out there and I find that they alway make so much that there are always tons of leftovers.

You just can't beat that!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy soup to get you through the cold winter months! I know I will :)


Turkey Noodle Soup
Cook Time: 25 mins     Yields 10 cups of soup

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
8 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
2 cups turkey, cooked and diced
1 cup pasta (whatever pasta you prefer)
1/4 tsp dried thyme
pinch of pepper
2 Tbsps parsley, finely chopped

Directions:
1) In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions, carrots, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are slightly softened (about 3 minutes).
2) Add mushrooms and cook for about a minute.
3) Add broth, turkey, pasta, thyme and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
4) Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.

(Recipe adapted from Foodland Ontario)

No comments:

Post a Comment