Friday 6 July 2012

Mixed Greens Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette


Here is the final installment to end our strawberry week on The Baking Bluenoser! I'd say it's been a pretty good week, wouldn't you?

This recipe is a really nice, light and fruity salad that will be sure to compliment your summertime meals. The strawberry vinaigrette is flavorful but not too overpowering and the pecans gives a little crunch to the texture of the salad. I don't normally go for fruit on my salad, but this was delicious and I will definitely be making this again!



On a completely unrelated note, I have some exciting (for me, anyways) news!

The boyfriend was taking out the trash yesterday and he happened across a huge stack of cookbooks that someone had left for giveaway and so he picked out some good looking ones and brought them home.

I was a bit skeptical at first, but there are some AMAZING books in there and with that, comes amazing recipes! Needless to say, we've both been poring over these books looking for new recipes we can try out. I can't wait to get cooking and I know I'll have a busy time in the kitchen this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend (fingers crossed for nice weather!) and I'll be back Monday!


Last Month: Baked Taco Ring

Mixed Green Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 5mins      Yields 4 servings
Ingredients:
6-8 strawberries, mashed
1 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup strawberries, sliced
4-5 cups mixed greens, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Directions:
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed strawberries, brown sugar and vinegar. Add olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
2) In a separate bowl, toss together mixed greens, sliced strawberries, and pecans. Add dressing and toss to coat evenly.


(Recipe adapted from Foodnetwork.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment