Monday 30 July 2012

Lime Sorbet


Once again, I whipped out the ice cream maker to make this dessert. I just love it so much and there are so many great recipes I've been waiting to try and can finally make them! It's hard to contain myself and pace myself with it.


I actually made this recipe for the boyfriend's family. His dad is a real lime-lover and had requested I make a lime sorbet. So I dug into my bag of recipes and found this gem. I was a little concerned because the recipe calls for 8 limes which seemed like a lot..and when I tasted it, it tasted VERY limey, but he loved it so it was a success.

For anyone who loves lime, or loves sour flavors, this recipe is for you!


Last Month: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Squares

Lime Sorbet
Prep time: 30mins-1hr     Chill Time: 2 hours     Yields about a quart

Ingredients:
SIMPLE SYRUP
1 cup water
1 cup sugar

LIME SORBET
Zest of 4 limes
Juice of 8 limes
Simple syrup (from above)
1 cup water
2-4 Tbsps vodka

Directions:
SIMPLE SYRUP
1) In a medium saucepan bring water and sugar to a boil. Continue stirring over high heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool.

LIME SORBET
1) Combine the zest, juice, syrup, and water in a bowl. Add the vodka. Chill until completely cooled.
2) Once cool, pour mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
3) For a thicker sorbet, place frozen mixture into an airtight container and store in your freezer for at least 2 hours.


(Recipe adapted from Use Real Butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment